A Viking At My Door! is a DuckTales 2017 comic story written by Joey Cavalieri, penciled by Andrea Greppi & Antonella Dalena and inked by Roberta Zanotta. It features the 2017 Continuum versions of Donald Duck, Della Duck and Scrooge McDuck, also featuring the debuts of Hilarius Goosesson, Hilda Goosedottir and the Magic Sheep (including the so-called “Sheep #100”). The gods Odin and Thor are mentioned.
In a flashback to their days of adventuring as a trio, Donald, Della and Scrooge travel to Doom Valley to solve the mystery of Icelandic sheep magically materializing all over Duckburg. What else should they discover but a lost Viking village in the middle of an American desert?
- Hilda Goosedottir is a descendant of the famed explorer Hilarius Goosesson, about whom rumors exist that he touched land in the Americas and even traveled further in land. These legends prove correct, as Hilda's village is located in the middle of Doom Valley, protected from the infernal climate by magical, refrigerating Magic Sheep, with the natural charcoal kilns of the Valley carved inside out and repurposed as homes.
- Hilda Goosedottir swears "by Odin's bristling beard" and "by Thor's bad breath".
- One of the Magic Sheeps moves to Hollywood to enjoy a life of luxury.
- Like Old Monteplumage Had a Chicken (2017) before it, A Viking At My Door! takes place 10 years before Woo-oo!, showing the adventuring days of [Donald Duck (2017 Continuum)|Donald]], Della and Scrooge prior to the birth of Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck and the disappearance of Della in the Spear of Selene.
- Maid of the Myth (1987), an episode of the original DuckTales series, already featured the Ducks encountering a hidden village of Vikings.
Behind the scenes
A Viking At My Door! was first printed in IDW's DuckTales #2.