You might be looking for another page with a similar name. If so, visit Baloo (disambiguation).
Baloo is a male semi-anthropomorphic anthropomorphic bear.
Bearing a remarkable, and unexplained, resemblance to Cape Suzette's Captain Baloo in both voice and appearance, this easygoing, groovy bear (best friends with Bagheera) is one of the talking (but not anthropomorphic) animals populating Mowgli's Jungle. He took a liking to Mowgli shortly before Mowgli left the Jungle for the human village, and the two remained fast friends ever after.
Behind the scenesEdit
Baloo, loosely based on the Rudyard Kipling character, first appeared in 1967 in The Jungle Book. The Baloo of TaleSpin is, of course, a reimagining of this character, though from an in-universe perspective they are two different characters.
- Phil Harris (The Jungle Book)
- Thurl Ravenscroft (Disney on Parade)
- Pamela Adlon (Jungle Cubs series; younger self)
- Steven Curtis Chaptman (Jungle Book Groove Party)
- John Goodman (The Jungle Book 2)
- Joel McCrary (recurring voice since 2002)
- Phil Murray (The Jungle Book live-action film; actually an alternate version of the character)