Cupid Courier No. 1020 is a text story presented in the form of a newspaper, written by Lupan Evezan and with illustrations by Aristide Twain. It features Journalist-649 (in his debut appearance), Foreman-964, Philatel-426, Lord Thymon, the Szaclowk, and, in their debuts, Investigation-464 and Nostradamus-066.
- An article describing a new warehouse to be built by the Department of Construction, which quickly devolves into a description of a fight between Foreman-964 and Philatel-426.
- An advertisement for a rather worryingly-named seminar to be hosted by Lord Thymon on the grounds of the Department of Motivational Speaking.
- An article noting that a significant breakthrough regarding the Szaclowk has been made, which is said to be continued on the non-existent second page of the paper, thus falling victim to the usual halving of all things related to the Szaclowk.
- An article revealing the contents of Nostradamus-066's latest backwards-vision.
- The Cupid Courier is the number one (and only) newspaper in the Cupid Homeworld, and is published by the Department of Journalism, for which Journalist-649 works. Issue #1020 is the first to have been made available in a digitized format.
- Lord Thymon was scheduled to give a seminar on the grounds of the Department of Motivational Speaking, on the Thursday following the issue's publication, to be entitled “How to Earn a Steady Living by Crushing Universes Beneath Your Proverbial Feet and Casting their Residents Into the Void of Swirling Oblivion”.
- Nostradamus-066 is a prophet who has visions only of events which have already occurred.
- Optimist-411 works for the Department of Motivational Speaking
- Investigation-464 works for the Cupid Intelligence Institute, and is the head researcher for the ongoing investigation of the Szaclowk.
- The Cupid Intelligence Institute contains a Department of Journalism and a Department of Motivational Speaking.
- Foreman-964's and the rest of the Department of Construction's affinity for building useless warehouses was first established in Acquaintanceship-982 and the Missing Mail Mystery (2019).
- Philatel-426 mentions that Foreman once tried to level his stamp wing to build a warehouse, referencing the events of Acquaintanceship-982 and the Missing Mail Mystery (2019).
- The Szaclowk make a return appearance, having first appeared in The Szaclowk and the Half-World (Part One of Two).