Cupid Fact File #184 — The Green Gorillas is a prose story, written by Aristide Twain. The second Cupid Fact File, it features the Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids and also mentions the Gang of the Green Gorilla and two individual Cupids, Amadeo-378 and Amour-159.
Description[edit | edit source]
Like other Cupid Fact Files, the short story purports itself to be a digitized version of a file from the Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids' Archives, detailing information about a target that is, or was once, of interest to the Crew. In this case, it is the malevolent organization known as the Gang of the Green Gorilla — with a detailed history of the origins of their rivalry with the Cupids.
References[edit | edit source]
- The Gang of the Green Gorilla were already active in 1978, when the Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids first heard of them.
- The Cupid Intelligence Institute is mentioned. Its researchers observe other dimensions than the Cupid Homeworld using Celestial Telescopes. In 1978, they fruitlessly tried to use Mind Probes to understand the Gang of the Green Gorilla's brainwashing techniques.
- Vanityville is a city on Earth where the Cupids and Gorillas had their first major skirmish.
- The "soul of the processing unit" of a Clockwork Cherub is a gemstone. Most Cupids are equipped with mere rose quartz, but Amadeo-378, for unclear reasons, was granted a five-point diamond, which made him better at thinking outside the box.
- The existence of a Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids Tax Department is mentioned; Amour-159, a member of it, labels himself a “Collector Cupid”.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
This short story was released in 2019 on the Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids website and later collected in The Quintessential Cupid, where it was given a new illustration as well as supplemented with a “Tech Note” from Technician-042 tying in with other such Tech Notes seeded throughout the book.