Cupid Fact Fiel #94 — The Euclidean Plane is a prose story, written by Lupan Evezan. The first Cupid Fact File, it features the Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids and also mentions Mr Rectangle, Miss Bubble, and, in their debuts, the Mechanical Sphinx and Doki Dick.
Like other Cupid Fact Files, the short story purports itself to be a digitized version of a file from the Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids' Archives, detailing information about a target that is, or was once, of interest to the Crew. In this case, it is the dimension known as the Euclidean Plane, with information about its inhabitants, fauna and culture, as well as the proper Cupid behavior if one finds himself in the Euclidean Plane.
- The rectangular race to which Mr Rectangle and Miss Bubble is known as Geometrons, and includes Tangulars, Spheroids, Triangries, Octasers, Stelloids and the elusive Pulsatons.
- The File also details the fauna of the Euclidean Plane, including Dats, Lineas, and Ambagesques.
- Geometron Government is described; it holds seat in the Geometron Pentagon and consists of a lawmaking body, whose drafts are then voted upon by the population. The most recent and most unanimously-accepted law was that banning all Copper-Colored Cupids from entering the Plane, a decision with which they have, of course, not complied.
- The events of the cartoon The Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids (2019) are referenced, along with its unwilling stars Mr Rectangle and Miss Bubble.
- The additional breeds of Geometrons described in the Fact File, for their part, debuted in the video game Cupid Chaos! (2019). It is mentioned that "some Cupids feel a so-called healing effect" in the presence of the elusive Pulsatons; this references the fact that in the game, approaching a Pulsaton restored health points to the player character (a Cupid).
Behind the scenesEdit
This short story was released in 2019 on the Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids website.