Darkwing Duck, a caped superhero of the night defeating supervillains throughout St. Canard, known primarily for his large wealth of catchphrases (the most famous being “Let's get dangerous”), started out as the fictional protagonist of a 1980's TV series where he was portrayed by actor Jim Starling. A gender-flipped version of the character was also played by Bentina Beakley in a fan-produced attempt to give the series a proper finale following its early cancellation.
In 2019, following Starling's descent into madness that ended with him taking on the identity of Negaduck, the president of his fanclub, noble-hearted Drake Mallard, who was meant to star in a live-action reboot of the Darkwing Duck franchise, was convinced by Launchpad McQuack to actually become a real-life Darkwing Duck, with Launchpad as his sidekick.
- Let's get dangerous!
Other (Jim Starling):
- I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the lone roller skate at the base of villainy's staircase! I am Darkwing Duck!
- I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the pebble in the penny loafer of depravity! I am--
- Suck gas, you perfidiously possessed plantain!
Other (Drake Mallard):
- I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the overstuffed burrito that spills onto the lap of crime! I am Darkwing Duck!
- I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the scream you can hear in space!
Other (Scrooge McDuck):
- I am sharper than the sharpies! I am tougher than the toughies! I am Scrooge McDuck!