Template:GameOn March 22, 2013, Capcom announced at PAX East 2013 that a high-definition remake of the game, DuckTales: Remastered, was being developed by WayForward Technologies. Many of the original game's levels are featured, along with new areas added for the remake and new boss patterns. The game will feature a 2.5D presentation, with hand-drawn 2D character sprites mixed with 3D-modeled levels, as well as official Disney voice actors for the characters, including some of the original cast of the animated series, such as Alan Young as Scrooge. The game also features new story elements which explain some of the motives and reasoning behind each level, such as how Scrooge is able to breathe on the Moon. The game will be released for PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows in Q2/Q3 2013.
- Relive the classic TV series from the 1980’s – Follow the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews; Huey, Dewey and Louie, as they fend off enemies including the Beagle Boys and Magica De Spell, on their quest to obtain the five most impressive treasures from across the world!
- Redefined hand-drawn visuals – Developer WayForward have taken all the original visuals from the 8-bit game and significantly enhanced and recreated them as hand-drawn sprites, across a backdrop of beautifully re-envisioned level backgrounds.
- Authentic Disney experience – Some of your favorite Disney characters are brought to life by many of the original voice-over talent from the classic DuckTales TV series and stage backgrounds take their inspiration from the classic TV episodes.
- Learn to pogo – In an all new tutorial level, learn the basic playing skills, including Scrooge McDuck’s iconic pogo jump and cane swing.
- Visit the museum – Track your achievements, progress and status on the leader boards in Scrooge McDuck’s new Museum.
- Cash in your coins at Scrooge McDuck’s Money Bin – A new playable area, Scrooge’s Money Bin allows players to track the amount of wealth accumulated and even take a swim through his latest spoils.
- Digitally enhanced soundtrack – Built from the original!
The game reunites the surviving voice cast from the original series, all reprising their respective roles. However, characters whose original voice actors had died were recast.