How I Miss Those Moments is an unofficial fan-generated English title for the comic story Oh, Que Saudades Que Eu Tenho..., which has never been officially published in English. The story features Fethry Duck, Dugan Duck, Donald Duck, Elvira Duck, Rita Gansa, Goofy, Mickey Mouse, Gladstone Gander, Gyro Gearloose, Jughead Jones, and Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Fethry Duck and his nephew Dugan are looking through an old photo album when Donald Duck joins them and, together with Fethry, regales Dugan with tales from his and Fethry's childhood starting with when Donald first met a baby Fethry at Grandma Duck's house and going all the way to their brief stint in the Junior Woodchucks.
References[edit | edit source]
- Fethry Duck is shown to be a few years younger than his cousin Donald Duck, as Donald was already a child able to easily walk and with a large vocabulary when Fethry was still a diaper-wearing baby who did not yet know how to talk.
- Fethry, Donald, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Gyro Gearloose, Jughead Jones, Gladstone Gander, and Rita Gansa all attended school together and had at least one class in common.
- Even in her youth, Rita was already flirting with a young Fethry.
- Donald and Fethry briefly joined the Junior Woodchucks, but they were kicked out after getting into a fight with fellow Woodchuck Jughead Jones that led to a fire beginning in a forest.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Fethry and Donald having grown up together is mentioned in many other stories and was stated as early as Donald's Buzzin' Cousin (1966), with Oh, Que Saudades Que Eu Tenho... only expanding upon this concept.
- Donald having had a childhood experience with the Junior Woodchucks is mentioned in W.H.A.D.A.L.O.T.T.A.J.A.R.G.O.N. (1997), which, in contrast to Oh, Que Saudades Que Eu Tenho..., implies that Donald never joined the Woodchucks but only applied to, with his application being rejected due to his temper.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Oh, Que Saudades Que Eu Tenho... was written by Ivan Saidenberg with pencils by Euclides K Miyaura. The story was completed in March of 1981 but was not released until November the 3rd, 1982, when it was published in an addition of the Brazilian comic Peninha. How I Miss Those Moments is not an official name for the story and is only a fan name.