Incident Report C179B — “Of Romeos and Juliets” is a prose story, written by Hector Fenwick and cowritten by Aristide Twain. The first Incident Report, it features the Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids, including Juliet-178, the Sisters of Juliet, and, in their debut, Romeo-1020 and Sigmund-1028.
The creation of the Sisters of Juliet left the Cupid Homeworld dangerously unbalanced — not just because of the mayhem of hundreds of clones of the most mischievous Cupid running around, but also because they all seem to be determined to go on a play-date with the same Cherub — Romeo-1020.
- Prior to the crisis, Romeo-1020 worked as a clerk for the Department of Departments.
- Departments in the Cupid Intelligence Institute include the Department of Destiny, the Department of Mathematics and the Department of Conspiracy Theories.
- There were originally around 1618 Sisters of Juliet, but several were disabled when they all started brawling with each other. The 1576 surviving Sisters were exiled to a barren asteroid on Dimension-1579 alongside Romeo-1020.
- The Cupids did not have a Department of Psychology prior to the Sisters of Juliet's exile: it was founded by their supervisor Sigmund-1028 upon his return.
- This story serves as an epilogue to The Labors of Juliet (2019). A version of that story is implied to exist in-universe as “Incident Report C179A,” being mentioned in the foreword to Of Romeos and Juliets.
- Said Incident Report is said to have been “corrupted by Chronon Fleas”. The nature of Chronon Fleas would be elaborated upon nearly a year later in Cupid Fact File No. 242 – Chronon Fleas (2020), after which Fleas were mentioned in many other stories.
Behind the scenes
This short story was released in 2019 on the Crew of the Copper-Colored Cupids website.