About 3 feet tall but no less sportive for it, Mickey Mouse is one of Donald Duck's closest friends. He lives in Mouseton and is engaged to the lovely Minnie Mouse; other close friends of his include Goofy and Horace as well as his pet dog, Pluto. Mickey is heroic to ridiculous extents and has little if any flaws at all. If anything, he can be too naive because of his overly 'nice' worldview. He has also been known to be somewhat mischievous, though never in a really harmful way.
Mickey has had a variety of jobs, but overall, his occupation can hardly be called anything other than "hero". Most of his time is spent uncovering evil plots (he has actually been a deputy detective to the Mouseton police since 1939) and battling his ever-eluding archnemeses, the brutal Peg-Leg Pete and the diabolical Phantom Blot.
Behind the scenesEdit
Mickey Mouse first appeared in 1928 in the cartoon short Plane Crazy. Mickey is the most famous character in the Walt Disney franchise and something of a pop culture icon.
- Walt Disney (Classical voice from 1928 to 1959)
- Carl Stalling (Wild Waves)
- Stan Freberg (Mickey Mouse's Birthday Party)
- Clarence Nash (The Dognapper, Nash Commercials)
- Alan Young (An Adaptation of Dickens' Christmas Carol)
- Roger Carel (Dickens's Christmas Carol and various French dubs)
- Wayne Allwine (Classical voice from 1977 to 2009))
- Pete Renaday (The Talking Mickey Mouse Show)
- Jack Wagner (A Magic Kingdom Yuletide Special)
- Bret Iwan (Classical voice since 2009)
- Chris Diamantopoulos (Alternate voice since 2013)