- In 1986, Mickey Mouse is fifty-eight years old.
- Mickey Mouse claims that, at fifty-eight years old, he doesn't have a gray hair on his head, and doesn't intend to start acting his age now.
- Mickey remains personally involved with the projects of the Walt Disney Company.
- Mickey made his "big movie comeback" in Mickey's Christmas Carol.
- Mickey helps Michael Eisner host a program known as The Disney Sunday Movie.
- Mickey makes appearances on the Disney Channel and on network television specials.
- Mickey is involved in making educational software for computers, re-releasing comic strips, creating music albums, and making video programs.
- Mickey is "sporting new threads" (which would apparently "make Don Johnson take notice" for his upcoming personal tours
- New merchandise and clothing featuring Mickey's visage is being produced.
- The New Mickey Mouse Club is launching in spring of 1987.
Behind the scenes
Mickey Today was printed in 1986 in Disney News Magazine Vol. 22 Issue 1, in honor of Mickey Mouse's 58th birthday.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.