Minerva Mouse, better known as Minnie Mouse, is a female anthropomorphic mouse.
Born to farmers Marcus and Margie Mouse, Minnie is a sweet young girl and Mickey Mouse's girlfriend and fiancée. Minnie is very intelligent and extremely sweet; on the other hand, she is sometimes shown to be rather impatient, or on the contrary to be exceedingly tame. Although she did live adventures on her own, Minnie very often becomes the damsel in distress for Mickey to rescue; this is in part due to villain Peg-Leg Pete being somewhat attracted to her (especially in the 30's).
Behind the scenesEdit
Minnie first appeared in 1928 along with her fiancé Mickey in Plane Crazy.
Interestingly, a joke in the Alfred Hitchcock film Marnie mentions Minnie as "Minnie Q. Mouse". There is no other mention of Minnie's middle name.
- Walt Disney (Plane Crazy, The Gallopin' Gaucho, Steamboat Willie, The Barn Dance, The Opry House, When the Cat's Away, The Plowboy, The Karnival Kid)
- Marjorie Ralston (Wild Waves, Mickey's Follies, Micke's Choo-Choo)
- Marcellite Garner (Classical voice between 1930 and 1939)
- Thelma Boardman (Temporary voice in 1938 and later in 1941 and 1942)
- Ruth Clifford (Classical voice between 1942 and 1952)
- Janet Waldo (An Adaptation of Dickens' Christmas Carol)
- Barnette Ricci (A Magic Kingdom Yuletide Special)
- Russi Taylor (Classical voice between 1986 and 2019)