Nothing Can Stop Della Duck is the 13th episode of DuckTales 2017’s Season 2, a television cartoon episode. Written by Colleen Evanson alongside the usual crew, and directed by Tanner Johnson, it features the show's versions of Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey, and Louie Duck, Webby Vanderquack, Della Duck, Donald Duck, Mrs. Beakley, Duckworth, and Launchpad McQuack. Also featured are General Lunaris, Gibbous, Zenith, and, in its debut, the Gilded Man.
Having returned from the moon at long last, Della Duck reunites with Scrooge and meets her sons for the first time, eager to make up for their years of separation. However, Della's experiences as an adventurer have done little to prepare her for motherhood, and finding her new place in the family order may be more difficult than the decade she spent on the moon…
- Della had wanted to name the triplets Jet, Turbo, and Rebel, informing Donald of this desire and even "wr[iting] it down in case no one could understand him!" Donald evidently defied her wishes in this regard, also apparently giving Dewey the middle name of "Dingus" as revealed in Raiders of the Doomsday Vault.
- The Gilded Man was built by Aztecs as a protector but ended up going on a wild frenzy, killing many Aztecs.
- The episode picks up directly after the events of The Golden Spear (2019), with Della Duck just returning to McDuck Manor.
- Della recognizes Mrs Beakley as Agent 22, and is surprised to learn that she is the new housekeeper. This indicates that Duckworth's decease, as mentioned in McMystery at McDuck McManor (2018), occurred after she stole the Spear of Selene.
- Upon finding Della in his garage after the Gilded Man has been activated, Scrooge repeats his "What in the name of Dismal Downs…" line from Woo-oo! (2017).
- While looking for a means of defeating the Gilded Man, Della questions the absence of the Deus Ex Calibur and the Ferryman's Flame, to which Scrooge replies that they've “kind of used all that already,” as shown in Woo-oo! (2017) and Treasure of the Found Lamp (2019) respectively.
- When the Gilded Man attempts to draw the Sword in the Stone, Beakley mentions that it can only be drawn by "the one true king of England", a bit of Arthurian lore depicted almost identically in the Prime Universe in The Sword in the Stone (1963).
Behind the scenes
The episode aired on May 13, 2019 in the United States of America.