Rallying Around is a comic story possibly written by Bob Gregory, and at any rate drawn by him. It features Scrooge McDuck, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, and, in their debuts, Clerk Quigley, Jason Fatbucks, Mr & Mrs Gottloote, Senator H. E. Blabmore and Mrs Viola Giltbound.
Upset that he isn't slated to appear on the 1981 Duckburg Social Register, Scrooge McDuck hires Daisy Duck to be his "social secretary" and help him make a good impression on the Duckburg elite… A battle that is far from won.
- The Duckburg Social Register is printed by the Web Publishing Company, which Scrooge McDuck owns.
- Jason Fatbucks, Mr & Mrs Gottloote, Senator H. E. Blabmore and Mrs Viola Giltbound are to appear on the 1981 edition of said Register.
- Daisy Duck is quite fond her rock garden.
- Scrooge's employee Clerk Quigley is fond of opera, and keeps records of opera music in the office, to which he listens during his 10-minute lunch breaks.
- Scrooge describes himself as an "ultra quada-billionaire". He claims to work 16 hours a day and drink only the blackest of black coffee.
- In an apparent continuity slip-up, Scrooge claims never to drink tea (as opposed to black coffee), despite his well-established partiality to Nutmeg Tea, a running gag begun in Carl Barks's A Spicy Tale (1962).
Behind the scenesEdit
This story was only ever printed in English in Daisy and Donald #47.