Return of the “Noose” is a live-action/puppet webcast created by Nick Barbera. The sixth episode of Season 1 of the unlicensed The Haunted Mansion Show, it features the Ghost Host and Jacob Dread and also mentions the Hitchhiking Ghosts (Ezra, Phineas and Gus), the Hatbox Ghost, Guillermo Del Toro and Eddie Murphy. Edgar the Raven's cry is heard.
Now that his Haunted Mansion Show is back on air, the Ghost Host goes through the latest news from Disneyland and the Haunted Mansion in general. After some talk of a new Haunted Mansion movie, a matter with the queue graveyard soon catches the Host's attention…
- The Walt Disney World incarnation of the Haunted Mansion is referred to by the Ghost Host as his “summer home”.
- The Dread family used to haunt another manor.
- The Ghost Host references recent changes to Walt Disney World's The Haunted Mansion from 2011, namely the interactive Hitchhiking Ghosts animations in the mirrors and the new graveyard queue. The former animations are formally identified as the Hitchhikers "playing tricks with your mind".
- After the episode ends with the Ghost Host arguing with Jacob Dread over said new graveyard, the next episode, A Queue Review (2011), focused on it.
- The Haunted Mansion (2003) is shown to exist in-universe, and be visibly disliked by the Ghost Host.
Behind the scenes
Return of the “Noose” was the sixth episode of Season 1 of The Haunted Mansion Show. It was released on YouTube on Nick Barbera's own YouTube channel like the rest of Season 1.
|Episodes of The Haunted Mansion Show|