The Legend of the Chaos God is a five-part comic story written by Bobbi J.G. Weiss and David Cody Weiss and drawn by Cosme Quartieri. A crossover between the DuckTales, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers and Goof Troop series, it features Fenton Crackshell, his alias Gizmoduck, Darkwing Duck, Launchpad McQuack, Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck, J. Gander Hooter, Captain Baloo, Kit Cloudkicker, Molly Cunningham, Rebecca Cunningham, Chip, Dale, Gadget Hackwrench, Monterey Jack, Zipper, Fat Cat, Mepps, Mole, Goofy, Max Goofy, Peg-Leg Pete, Pete Junior, Peg Pete and, in their debuts, Solego, D'Shane, Professor Potsherd, and Bisk Potsherd.
When an archaeologist, Professor Potsherd, uncovers the crystal prison of Solego, Solego possesses whomever or whatever touches it in a bid to regain his body and his power. Will he take over the world, or will heroes scattered throughout it defeat him?
- D'Shane created the Crystal Cage to imprison Solego. Solego's mind is trapped in the crystal, and Solego's powers are trapped in the casing. If the two halves are joined together, Solego will be set free. Anyone or anything that touches the crystal makes contact with Solego's mind and may be possessed by him.
- Launchpad McQuack has already left Duckburg to work for Darkwing Duck.
- This story takes place sometime after Tiff of the Titans, as Darkwing Duck and Gizmoduck have already met.
- Darkwing Duck is both a TV character and a real person, like in the 2017 Continuum.
- Solego and Magica De Spell share several parallels: they both are powerful sorcerous entities, were trapped in an amulet for a long time and required contact with some sort of object to escape, used possession as a means to access said object, and took control of the Gizmosuit after Fenton summoned it to use against them.