You might be looking for another page with a similar name. If so, visit Richest Duck in the World (disambiguation).
The Richest Duck in the World! is a cartoon story written by Madison Bateman and directed by Matthew Humphreys. It features Huey Duck, Dewey Duck, Louie Duck, Scrooge McDuck, Zan Owlson, Webby Vanderquack, Della Duck, Launchpad McQuack, Buzzard Brothers, Lieutenant Penumbra, Johnny and Randy Empire, and Gavin, and, in their debuts, Mr Zee and the series's version of Bombie the Zombie.
After conning his way to the top, can Louie Duck handle the pressures and responsibilities of being the richest duck in the world yet? It's not just, as it turns out, a matter of business sense and practicality (although Louie's bad at that too). There is also a very good reason why Scrooge was always so insistent on making allowances in the budget for "magical protections"…
- Haveyouseenium is an invisible substance that can be woven into an invisibility cloak.
- Mr Zee from Mozambeak was the richest man in the world until Scrooge McDuck took the title in 1960.
- Bombie was contained on Falcon Island by Scrooge until now.
- Scrooge McDuck's "magical defence budget", and the Buzzard Brothers' distaste for it, was previously mentioned in The Great Dime Chase (2017).
- The episode follows on directly from GlomTales (2019)'s ending, with Louie Duck having managed to claim ownership of both Scrooge and Glomgold's fortunes.
- The episode is a very loose adaptation of Chapter 11 of The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, sometimes printed as The Richest Duck in the World (1994), though it is more properly entitled The Empire-Builder from Calisota, with the title of The Richest Duck in the World instead going to Chapter 12. At any rate, both stories feature Bombie the Zombie/the Bombie embodying the moral failings of a character who's just become the richest duck in the world; the cartoon even borrows the visual of Bombie rising from the sea covered in seaweed.
Behind the ScenesEdit
The Richest Duck in the World first aired on September the 11th, 2019.