Welcome, Foolish Mortals!, also known as Welcome Foolish Mortals, is a puppetry webcast created by Nick Barbera, and the pilot episode of Season 2 of The Haunted Mansion Show. Starring the Ghost Host, it also mentions the Hitchhiking Ghosts (Ezra, Phineas and Gus), the Hatbox Ghost, Madame Leota, Edgar the Raven, the Caretaker, a Candleman and the Cadaver Dans, Frozen’s Elsa, Anna and Olaf, as well as Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. An in-unvierse Rolly Crump is also mentioned.
The Ghost Host hosts the first episode of a show wherein which he, alongside other Haunted Mansion residents, gives ghost fans news about the spirit world, the Haunted Mansion, and Disneyland as a whole! This time around, news of interest include the release of a comic book about the Museum of the Weird, a special visit of Arendelle royalty to Disneyland, and the replacement (requested by the Ghost Host) of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies with his beloved Cadaver Dans next January!
- The Ghost Host has an office in the Corridor of Doors.
- Rolly Crump was a former Imagineer. Based on his ideas about the Museum of the Weird, a comic-book is in the process of being created.
- The Ghost Host refers to having already created 13 episodes of this Haunted Mansion Show prior to the release of this pilot on MiceChat, referring to Season 1 of The Haunted Mansion Show, which had been released in 2009.
- In the section of the episode that partially breaks the fourth wall to discuss current Mansion- or Disneyland-related happenings, the Ghost Host mentions the in-universe existence of Seekers of the Weird (2014). Again due to the fourth-wall-breaking nature of the sequence, he refers to the Museum of the Weird and its contents as a pure creation of Rolly Crump, though he may, of course, be lying, being the Ghost Host.
- He also mentions Frozen (2013) as an upcoming Disney feature the hype about which is at its height, showing that it too exists in-universe. Nevertheless, he seems to treat the Elsa, Anna and Olaf appearing as live characters in the Parks as being the real characters.
Behind the scenes
|Episodes of The Haunted Mansion Show|